Thursday, June 20, 2013

I800A on its way

I was notified yesterday our I800A has been submitted by Heartsent Adoptions Inc. and is on its way to USCIS.  In the next week we should be assigned an immigration caseworker.  I have read it will take 45 days for us to receive approval.  With the July 4th holiday approaching, I bet it might take a few extra days.

Other news we have to share is it seems we are 1-2 weeks ahead of schedule with certification & authentication of the dossier documents.  Luke and I filled out the form for the Chinese Consulate this morning.  That also means we will be making our next payment 1-2 weeks earlier than originally expected.  (Disclaimer-we do not know when we will be approved to travel but I think late November is a possibility at this point)

I want to be transparent on this blog so I will state the obvious-things are tight.  We are saving and sacrificing.  If you know us personally you have probably observed how 'cheap' we have become-no more date nights, eating out or unnecessary spending.

We are grateful that Luke was approved to teach an extra class this summer.  We are also very grateful for the donations towards Noah's adoptions.  Does it scare me that next week we will write another $4,100 check?  Yes, absolutely.  Hang tight, Noah-we are coming for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment