Monday, March 10, 2014

One Month As A Family

It's been a whole month since we met Noah and became his parents!  He continues to amaze us with his easy-going nature, gentle spirit and intelligence.  Noah gained a pound this past month.  He's learned so many new words in English I have lost count but he retains 3-5 new ones each day.  He can say the entire alphabet and sing "Happy Birthday".  He loves drinking milk...and asks for "more milk".  He is trying new foods but does still prefer eggs and noodle-based meals.  Noah looks up to his older sister so much and gets a kick out of dancing with her.  He loves taking a bath with his brother but prefers to sleep alone in his own bed each night.

He has potty-trained his brother, Beckett!  Noah likes to watch Sesame Street (in Mandarin).  He enjoys any and all toys but doesn't sit still for too long.  He's finally learned to climb the stairs (well) inside our house.  He can ride a tricycle all by himself and although he is scared of our cat and dogs-HE PLAYED IN THE BACKYARD TODAY WITH THE BIG DOGS OUTSIDE!  That was a major accomplishment for him.

Many of you have seen us recently and commented that we have our hands full-we certainly do!  But our hearts are even more full.  You see we never knew how much we could and would love another child that was waiting for a family to call his own.  We are so thankful that God chose us to be Noah's parents.  Happy One Month Family Date, buddy!




(excuse the ombre fence-staining in process)



2 comments:

  1. Hey Stacy! I was so excited to hear from you! I have to say that I haven't stayed caught up lately! And I also just figured out that you can "subscribe" to a blog post and get them regularly!!! Yes, that is how computer illiterate I am!!! Anyways, before going to bed, I spent an hour catching up and I just love your little guy'!!! He is sooo full of smiles!!! You just must be smitten with him! I can't believe how many pictures you received through the waiting! This summer when we started the process, I was anxious to see our child and was attached to the idea of adopting, but it wasn't real quite yet. The closer we got to DTC, the more real it became! And then it was such a whirlwind!!! And then I saw his face and oh my goodness, I can't stop looking at his picture!!! The waiting has become SO much harder! I'm constantly checking the time over there and seeing what he is doing based off the schedule I was given about him!!! I think my husband thinks I've gone a little crazy!! So we are just waiting for LOA...and praying like crazy we'll get to get him sooner rather than later!
    I saw the blog post about our shirts....thank you so much for doing that! I didn't even realize you did that......Thank you so much! I think when we get closer I may do one more push to sell them, and after that, maybe I can find a family to donate them to...I still have quite a few left!!!
    I look forward to keeping up with you better!!! It was so much fun getting to read about your trip....it gets me so excited to go on ours! Praying that God will continue to have his hand upon your family as you transition to having Noah home and wisdom for you and Luke to deal with things that may come up! Thank you for being a blessing to us from afar! Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I borrow him to potty train my 3 year old? ;)
    Love your updates!

    ReplyDelete