Monday, April 15, 2013

A Classroom Picture

I received a very brief update tonight with a photo of the classroom Noah spends time in each day.  The  photo was taken by during "clean up time".

This is a screen shot but if you look closely you can see Noah.  He is a helper.  They describe him as joyful and the favorite.

That makes me happy and a little sad.  I'm so happy he is joyful and the favorite (in an orphanage that means more attention and that he is probably attached to one of the teachers).  I feel sad because I am starting to feel like we are missing out on a part of his life (we are) and thru our required 12 hours of educational training I am learning about the gains and losses children feel after an adoption is finalized.  He will likely feel sad leaving these friends and teachers.  He will miss them.  He might resent us for taking him away from them.

Adoption is so complex.  I am confident we are doing the right thing by trusting God and adopting him.

1 comment: