Tuesday, July 2, 2013

More Waiting

We're just getting home from a short family vacation and I was surprised but very glad to find our form I-797 C, Notice of Action in the stack of mail.  It's a notice from the Department of Homeland Security that they have received our I-800A application and checks.  In large bold ink it states THIS NOTICE DOES NOT GRANT ANY IMMIGRATION STATUS OR BENEFIT.  Loud and clear from the USCIS.

It means the paperwork is now on it's way to the Hague Adoption Unit (located in Missouri).  I called last Friday to check and see if we had been assigned an immigration officer (we have not) and was told nothing except that unless our child was dying there would be no hope to expedite any paperwork.  Ouch!

Honestly, this notice makes me feel a little bit better  Things are progressing just not as quickly as we'd like.  More hurry up and wait for Noah...but we can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment