Sunday, August 4, 2013

Still waiting

I haven't updated in awhile since there hasn't been any real news to share.  We're STILL waiting on the I-800A approval and based on my blog research we will continue to wait another week or two.  I called and emailed USCIS and they were adamant we would not have our file reviewed until approximately August 20.  Things have certainly slowed down in terms of their turnaround time.

We're also having to redo or for lack of a better word "reget" a document.  Our marriage license was rejected by the Chinese Consulate during authentication because the certified seal is too old.  We found this out while we were out of the country on a vacation with family and addressed it immediately once we returned (we requested a new certified copy of the marriage license).  Unfortunately the county that we married in (Bibb) does not have online records so we had to mail a money order and request and that will also slow things down slightly.

Once the new marriage license arrives we will need to have it state certified (in Atlanta) and then overnight it to a courier in Washington D.C. for the Consulate authentication.  Little bumps our adoption agency assured us but truly a waste of time and money over a mistake (not blaming anyone-we knew the marriage license was old when we submitted it but it was accepted).

So as if that wasn't enough we were told by someone that visited Noah's orphanage last week that he had broken his arm.  Since we already have a 2 year old son I am well aware of how accidents occur. We don't know the details and we probably never will.   If you saw me in person last week you can probably attest to the fact that I have been a mess, very emotional and truly beside myself.  Of course I want to fly to China and bring him home with me and wrap him in a cocoon.

At this point we have requested a formal update from his orphanage and are praying that he is not in pain and heals quickly (my gut tells me a broken bone isn't going to slow our little boy down).  Thanks again for continuing to follow along and keeping hope for Noah!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about Noah's arm. It's very hard to hear these things and not be able to act in caring for our little one's during the wait. And then there is the hard wait. The emotions run high and low during the wait, and I'm sure after hearing of Noah's arm, plus needed to "reget" documents would bring any waiting momma to a low point. Hoping and praying you get your I800 approval soon and it brings you back to a high!

    ReplyDelete