Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Little Bit of History

For a few weeks I've been debating on whether to try to locate Noah's finding ad now or just wait and hope that the orphanage gives us a copy when we visit (we definitely plan to visit his orphanage).  

In my attempt to not count the days we are waiting for our LSC (letter seeking confirmation), I contacted www.Research-China.org.  Within 48 hours they were able to locate a copy of the finding ad (described as OK in quality), 28 photos of Noah, as well as a copy of his police report, and an online story from a Chinese newspaper that includes him.  


I also made an amazing connection this week with a woman who advocated online for Noah when he was an infant.  She, herself, adopted twin boys with albinism from the same town, same orphanage Noah is at. That's not even the best part-she lives a mere 20 minutes from us and I truly believe God is connecting us so that she can mentor to me (and hopefully we can become friends).  Stay tuned! :)

1 comment:

  1. I had mixed emotions reading this. How wonderful to get all of that information and so many pictures! I never looked into research-china, but you are making me second guess the decision not to.

    God is so gracious and good. He did the same thing for me. One of Mercy's therapists is not only a believer, but an adoptive momma of a son from China. She was also a medical missionary in an orphanage in China for 3 years. Now she comes to my house every week for Mercy, but we talk too. And met once over the weekend. She has been a great mentor, both in adoption and spiritually.

    I wish I lived 20 minutes from you!

    ReplyDelete