Monday, January 13, 2014

Ni Hao! Practice Makes Perfect?

Aside from how we would pay for the adoption expenses, my greatest fear has been that I wouldn't be able to communicate with Noah.  That being said I've rededicated myself to learning some basic Mandarin phrases.   I think I mentioned the CD and book combo in an earlier post but incase I didn't its called Simple Language Chinese for Adoptive Families.  We bought it months ago off Amazon and it is helpful.  It's even more helpful if you practice it every single day.

We've also downloaded "cheat" charts and watched some great YouTube videos.  It's all slowly coming together.   Even our 2 year old son Beckett has picked up a few phrases-he knows Ma Ma is Mommy, Ba Ba is Daddy and Ge Ge is brother.


1 John 4:4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment