Monday, September 8, 2014

Mid-Autumn/Moon Festival

This year's Mid-Autumn Festival celebration was kind of a bust at our house.  :)  We didn't even have moon cakes! (kind of ironic since last year we did but without Noah)  After preschool today I whipped up some Chinese-style noodles for Noah and we read a few Grace Lin books that explained the celebration.  Feeling guilty from the lack of moon cakes, I went out and bought Noah shrimp chips for a snack (yuck).  Big sister had an open house at school so the evening was rushed and then the moon wasn't even visible at bedtime (sun is still up and bright in Florida)...oh well-Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to all my adoption Mamas and Chinese friends!



(don't be fooled this is an excited kid)


1 comment:

  1. To me, shrimp chips are one of the most disgusting foods ever created. To my husband, students, and basically all of our friends here, shrimp chips are GOLD!

    ReplyDelete