Wednesday, October 16, 2013

30 Days Down

Today we mark 30 days passed on the LSC (letter seeking confirmation) wait.  Each day we're closer to adopting Noah than we were the day before but I won't lie-the wait is harder than I expected.  I've met a lot of new friends in the adoption world and a few of them received their LOA/LSC's yesterday.  I'm so happy for them (overjoyed really for those waiting children) but I do feel some envy and am questioning why we haven't received a quick approval.

Here are a few highlights from the past week:

I mailed a sponsor package to Noah and his friend, courtesy of a generous donation.  And because of the gift of yet another donor this week I have already started filling a new shoe box with vitamins, snacks, clothes and toys.  

We've also completed the entire process for the JSC Foundation grant and submitted the online portion for a Show Hope grant.  Two friends were kind enough to be personal references and then some.  We had a sit down meeting with a pastor from the church we attend and were able to share our story and then hear about the immediate need for foster families in our own community.

I had the chance to attend a get together for families that have adopted children from The Swallow's Nest (a foster care home in Zhengzhou) in Acworth, Georgia and my mother-in-law came along for support.  We met 2 boys that were once at the same orphanage at the same time as Noah-how cool is that!  I also brought photos of his friend and continue to try to find a forever family for him.

Luke and I are trying to work out a plan for our children while we are in China-who will take care of them for how long and how much school will be missed.  I know these are minor details but they seem overwhelming at times.  I'm feeling a little discouraged that Noah's adoption isn't top priority to everyone else around us; what I can say is that God reminds me (and Luke) every day that we are to follow his calling-yes it's financially and emotionally stressful but we are doing this together and letting God lead the way.  He is always faithful.


Matthew 17:20 I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you

1 comment:

  1. Keep your eyes on Him, the author and perfecter of our faith! Man makes plans, but The Lord establishes your steps. I say these two verses (neither an exact quote) before I share that we had all our child care plans in order and we left in peace, only to have multiple things happen to change them literally at the last minute and then again while we were in a China. Just two days before we left the father of our dear friend collapsed and was in the hospital in a coma. This same friend was to care for our boys while we traveled. In the end his father passed away, and our boys ended up in am other church family's care at literally the final hour. Then during my moms time of child are she got terribly sick and again someone else stepped in. So even though we had it all worked out, none of it happened as planned. I know it's easy for me to say since I'm on the other side of the fence, but worry only robs you of joy and I speak from experience God will provide, even for your children.

    Hugs!!! I HATED the wait for LSC. I won't even tell you how long ours took because it wouldn't encourage you :0).

    ReplyDelete