Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Crawling Along

We're still waiting on the paper receipt of the I-800 approval but in the meantime I have emailed the National Visa Center two times (already) this week to request our GUZ#.  Its confusing but basically we are trying to obtain the number that is generated when our file has been cabled from the NVC to the US Embassy in Guangzhou, China.  (That is the approval of our visa petition)  So far it hasn't arrived yet.  Veteran's Day has slowed us down.

I'll be honest I am feeling frustrated.  I am trying to be patient.  But this step can mean the difference between traveling in January or having to wait until after Chinese New Year (not leaving until February).  And although I LOVE checking in with other adoptive parents in this same stage of the process, I don't love the feeling that we are "racing".  The only race Luke and I are in is the race to get to Noah and bring him home with us.

Please pray that we meet Noah for the first time when God sees fit and not in our own selfish timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment