Saturday, November 16, 2013

I-800 Paper Receipt, Article 5 Intro

Good news our I-800 finally came in the mail today, 8 days after we were approved by the officer at USCIS.  I've emailed the National Visa Center (again) and am feeling hopefully that this week we will get our GUZ#.

Once we have that it means we have been cabled and it will be time for the Article 5 letter to be issued by the US Embassy.  The adoption agency's in-China representative will take our NVC letter to the Embassy in Guangzhou (hence the GUZ#) along with our DS-230 application and LOA.  This paperwork can only be dropped off Tuesdays-Fridays. I'll try to explain the final step(s) once we have our Article 5 drop off date but I know you feel the same as I do after reading that-this part is clear as mud! ;)

Thank you again for being a part of this amazing journey!  Many of you have cheered us on with encouragement, thru your prayers and contributed financially.  The waiting is very hard but we know it is and will be absolutely worth it once we become Noah's family.  I've had to come to terms this week that some people just don't understand why we are adopting and it is ok-we aren't doing it for anyone other than God.




No comments:

Post a Comment