Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Roadblock...Still No GUZ#

Today has been a roller coaster.  I knew something was wrong from the moment I woke up.  Long story short (I'll spare you the lengthy details because it doesn't make sense unless you're also adopting from China) there has been another mistake-this time it's a roadblock.

Somewhere between the USCIS's approval of our I-800 (11/8) and the NVC receiving the said approval someone made a typo and inputted the wrong date of birth for my husband, Luke.  So we cannot get a GUZ#.  The records do not match.  I have submitted scanned copies of his passport and birth certificate and just for good measure the actual I-800 approval which has the correct DOB on it.

I've emailed and called anyone I know of that might be able to help (adoption agency included) and am praying to get this resolved ASAP.  We need the GUZ# and NVC letter as explained in a previous post for the Article 5 which is the step before Travel Approval i.e. finding out when we can go to China and bring Noah home with us.

As a side note the kids and I spent time this evening with a long lost friend from high school and her precious daughter, who just happens to be from Zhengzhou and we believe at one point stayed in the same room at the orphanage that Noah did at the same time.  What an amazing connection and blessing to have them in our lives and better yet plan to be in China this winter together as they bring home two additions!

No comments:

Post a Comment