Monday, November 4, 2013

I-800 text

On Thursday night (Halloween) we got a text from USCIS that our case was received and that we have a new receipt number.  This means our I-800 application was received at the Texas lockbox.  I emailed our immigration officer late Sunday night and was surprised she replied first thing Monday morning; our application has not made its way from the lockbox to the building-yet.  I really think once the I-800 gets to her she will approve it quickly and hopefully we will get right back on track to our original adoption timeline for Noah and can say with confidence that we will travel to China in January.

An I-800 is the first step towards finalizing the immigration process if you are adopting a child that lives within a Hague country and you have already been approved for adoption with a valid form I-800A.  The next (and final) two steps occur in China.  If you're confused, don't worry I am too.  I try to read ahead and research what comes next but it's a little fuzzy...


No comments:

Post a Comment